The Genitourinary (GU) Oncology Service at Erode Cancer Centerspecializes in cancers arising from the urinary tract and male reproductive system. This includes cancers of the prostate, bladder, kidney, ureters, penis and testis.
Our multidisciplinary team includes medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, nurses, oncology social workers and other healthcare professionals, all working together to provide world class cancer care to patients with GU cancers. Our clinicians are all highly academic with extensive interests in research, education and training in all aspects of cancer care.
For prostate cancer patients, we offer radiation, surgery, low and high dose rate Brachytherapy, image-guided radiotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapies and a large array of clinical trials. This fully comprehensive approach is unique within the public health system in India and our team is very experienced in all of these approaches.
Similarly we provide a comprehensive range of patient-focused management options with cancers arising from the kidney, ureters, bladder, penis and testis, and have research programs in all of these areas. We work closely with our nursing and Activities in the GU Oncology Service include:
- Prompt access for new patients to our multidisciplinary team
- Full diagnostic facilities in and around Erode.
- Surgery for GU cancers including prostate and kidney
- Transperineal prostate biopsy
- LDR and HDR brachytherapy
- 2Dimentional radiation therapy, 3D Conformal radiation therapy, Intensity modulated radiation therapy.
- Highly specialised cancer imaging including CT, PET/CT and MRI
- Very active clinical trials program,
- Tertiary referrals and second opinions welcome
- Weekly multidisciplinary team meetings
- Prolific research and education program