Like all tumor streams, the Neuro-oncology Service is a coordinated and comprehensive cancer care. This service includes diagnosis, treatment, supportive care and community outreach for patients. To achieve this, the collective resources and expertise of each of the clinical partner organisations come together in a multidisciplinary environment to coordinate seamless patient-centred care, education and research activities.
This Neuro-oncology Service includes leadership and multidisciplinary teams formed across our clinical partners, with staff from multiple disciplines working together to deliver individualised care.
Activities across this service include:
- a coordinated referral and appointment process
- Early detection, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and supportive care
- Oversight of the whole cancer journey for patients
- Multidisciplinary team meetings
- A quality and audit program
- A research and education program
- Leadership and support for cancer care delivered throughout Southern India