Like all tumour streams, the Upper Gastrointestinal Service is providing coordinated and comprehensive cancer care. This service includes diagnosis, treatment, supportive care and community outreach for patients. To achieve this, the organizationcome together in a multidisciplinary environment to coordinate seamless patient-centred care, education and research activities.This Upper Gastrointestinal Service includes leadership and multidisciplinary teams formed across our clinical partners, with staff from multiple disciplines working together to deliver individualized care.
Activities across the Upper Gastrointestinal Service include:
- A coordinated referral and appointment process
- Early detection, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and supportive care
- oversight of the whole cancer journey for patients
- multidisciplinary team meetings
- surgical oncology
- medical oncology
- radiation oncology
- a quality and audit program
- a research and education program
- Leadership and support for cancer care delivered throughout southern India.